Monday, June 30, 2008

The Photos Not Taken

Dearest Ingrid:

Not a day goes by that I don't think of you. Not a day goes by that I don't think to call you about something.

I was shooting the dyke march Saturday and I remembered all the photos of you with your pals at those marches. I kept looking for your face in the crowd. I kept thinking of how we might cut the footage. I kept thinking...Ingrid...where did you get to my pal?

And today I saw a bumper sticker that said: "Accordions are illegal. It's the law." And I laughed thinking I could share that with you.

I miss you, Ingrid.

Yer pal, Margo

2 comments:

SAL said...

I too thought of Ingrid during Pride. She was always an important person to see while we were all being "proud". I was proud to be proud with her! Here's to you, Ingi!!!

Anonymous said...

My favorite Gay Pride Parade day was when I ran into Ingrid after the parade had gone by and I was walking up to Civic Center. I had not seen her for a few years so it was great to run into her. We walked all the way from Montgomery, found a stage playing good dance music and danced the afternoon away. What a treat to have Ingrid all to myself! She sure was fun to dance with. (The faces she would make...)