Sunday, January 27, 2008

Give It a Squeeze

I met Ingrid in the early 1990's in San Francisco. At first we were simply co-workers, but it was inevitable that we would become friends. How could you not with her? She was a fun-loving, mid-western-slang-slingin', creative, and talented gal.

I also had the honor of doing a few video projects with her and got to witness just how professional and meticulous she was about her own work as well. I admired that in her. But the best part about her was the sayings that would periodically come flying out of her mouth. Our friend Mark just reminded me the other day how she always said, "You know what really chaps my ass?" I also remember while we were filming "Mister Sisters" there was some line about tube socks in the script. Lisa and I talked her into "hipper" dialogue, but we laughed our asses off and as a compromise she shot the tube socks so at least they would make an appearance in the movie.

Her accordian was another great thing about her. She loved playing that thing, and it showed. While she and my partner Christina were doing their act Cabaret Tormento, she made a T-shirt with a great photo of them that says, "Strap one on and give it a squeeze." Well said, Ingrid! (I continue to proudly wear the shirt to this day.)

I think what I will remember most about her is her infectious laugh and her walk. She kind of bopped and bounced, especially when she was in a hurry (usually!).

I'm still in shock. I miss her dearly, but I know that I am a better person from having known her.

Peace out, Ingrid.

your pal, sal

--Sally Carter

No comments: