Saturday, January 19, 2008

The World Is a Little Bit Quieter

I'm just so sad over such a wonderful person being taken away from us. And I'm even sadder because I thought there would be time to see her. But she was gone so soon!

I do have some funny stories about her though. Gosh she was a hoot! Way back in the '80s when she first did Fun with a Sausage and L'Ingenue we were all hanging out. I get a call one day from Ingrid...."Can you wear a size 10 set of leathers?" "Uh, sure," I say.


The next thing I know, we're all over at Maude's shooting video, Renata is banging on the jukebox and I'm dancing with Ingrid. We ended the evening by shooting (and reshooting) a very funny scene in the alleyway next to 27 Ord. Ingrid with gum behind her ear, wearing a sweatshirt with a big cow on it, and me standing in black stilettos on some bricks. I have never laughed so hard in my life.

Ingrid made me laugh. She was always goofy and funny and adorable. I will miss her and the world is a little bit quieter without her laughter. Safe journey, Ingie.


--Tesia Blackburn

No comments: